Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Punching bag


Punch #1
Why do you always disappear
Right when I start loving you
And then return
Right when I start forgetting you?

Punch #2
It isn’t happiness that I look for
Anymore
But the absence of unhappiness

Punch #3
I feel like I have been shut out of your world
But you make it seem like I shut you out of mine
Regardless of who made the first move
We moved on too soon

Punch #4
Of course
It’ll be much easier to erase
All traces of you
But you come to me
In the least expected moments
In the most surprising ways
For instance
Just this morning
I found a note from you
Tucked between a half-read book
Reminding me of you
Reminding me of us

Punch #5
Sometimes all I want to do is
Disappear with the snap of fingers
But my coarse, lined skin
Has been rubbed raw
And with each snap
All I get is more
Disappointment

No comments:

Post a Comment