Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Growing up

It has finally happened
The dreaded
The inevitable
You leave
And I don't even know
You are here
And I rarely see you
You have your own life
Fun, insecurities, fears and dreams
And I have my own stories
Experiences
We are no longer like we used to be
So close
Knowing so much about each other
Understanding each other like no one else could
Inseparable
And yet, here we are today
So removed from each others worlds
Strangers after years of growing up together
I look at you and can't be honest
After all those secrets between us
Now, adults, with so much to talk about
I'm at a loss for words
And you must feel the same way too
Wondering how I am now someone
You don't even recognized
But we both knew this would happen
We just lived in denial
And
It has finally happened
We've finally grown up
Leaving our shared childhood behind

No comments:

Post a Comment