Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Intention

Intention
A word that appeared in definition after definition
Of offenses and crimes
Intent to kill or cause grievous bodily harm
Intent to take what is not theirs
In that A/L law class
That taught me that before finding a man guilty
You must look at the entire picture
And it is intention that differentiates
Kriyawa from karmaya
One is an act, something that happens
The sun rising and setting daily
The other is tied to intention
The killing of animal
The slapping of face
And so
Intention is key
And so I want to know
What yours is when you
Come back to me
Again and again
To insult and hurt
Bruising me again and again
But hiding beneath
Unknown names
Masks and disguises
So I would never know
Who you really are
But tell me
Because I need to know
In what way I wronged you
What my intention was when I did
Whatever it is I did
To earn your anger and hatred
And please
Release me of this crime
For I've served my sentence, surely
Or will I be punished for my crime
Again and again
Until I am no longer human?

No comments:

Post a Comment