Thursday, September 22, 2016

Selfish

I too often forget that people have feelings
Just like I do
 
When I tell those that love me
That I don't feel the same way about them
I forget that their hearts too, can break

When I ignore a once-a-friend
Because it hurts too much to remember the past
I forget that he too, has feelings

When I shut someone out of my life
Because they made all the wrong choices
I forget I am stabbing them like they stabbed me

I too often forget that people have feelings
Until it's a quiet, lonely night
And I cannot sleep
And I remember all those moments, one by one
All those times when I forgot that
Just like I do
Other people too, have feelings

And sometimes I want to reach out to them
Apologize
But at such moments
When I need to feel human the most
I find my heart empty of feeling
And I stare wordlessly as people
Walk out of my life
One after the other

No comments:

Post a Comment