Monday, September 12, 2016

(1)
You are supposed to listen
Especially when it's so obvious
That there is a message to be read
Between the lines
Something so important to me
You are supposed to listen
But you don't
Instead
Without apology
You interrupt
With stories of your own
And so I find refuge in
Words written and not spoken
In a place you don't know of
And so you will never know
Just how much I need you
Even though
Each time I reach out
You look away

(2)
I wonder too often
What my life would be like
If he hadn't met her
And she had met someone else
How different would my life be
If no had been said
Instead of
Yes

(3)
Do you ever feel guilty
For being cursed with the role
Of the first one to have
Broken my heart?

(4)
These words
All start sounding the same
After just a few lines
Maybe I should steal some
From another
Words
Even stories
Anything
To get rid of
This unchanging way of life
Because
To be quite honest
I'm quite bored with it all

(5)
They ask me why
I remain unchosen
But they never
Choose me

(6)

No comments:

Post a Comment