Thursday, July 3, 2014

Is love the mere changing of relationship status?

Single
A shout into the void
About your loneliness
Desperation
Fear
A subtle way of saying
I'm available
Make me yours

In a relationship
You tell the world
You show off
You suffocate your friends
With the love
You made your own
To say, I'm not noone's
I belong
to someone

Engaged
Happiness is mine
You say
Even though
You said yes
To his question
Knowing that
You will be his
And he mayn't be yours only

Married
We are one
We are together
We are the fairytale
That is real
Envy what I have
A man by my side
A contract that binds
Two souls
Forever

In an open relationship
I have freedom
I can love many
I was given that option
An option I didn't want
So while he
Has many
I have none but him
But a status that implies
I have more

It's complicated
No longer a shared life
But love that is dying
Lives separating
A deparate attempt
To hold on to
What is already
Lost

Separated
Tree trunk
Reaches sky as one
Giving it strength to
Stand against winds
But then branches
Separation
A contract still binding
But no longer paid heed to

Divorced
Ugly status
That followed
Ugly words
Ugly actions
Ugly decisions
Ugly lives
Sometimes for the best
Mostly due to
Having no choice
But to sign those papers
To say good bye

Widowed
Through sickness and health
Smiles and tears
Bright days and dark days
Together
Till death do us part
And death did
Took one from bedside, home, life
To graveyard

No comments:

Post a Comment