Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Truth

I was looking for happiness
And I got lost along the way
I threw away my map
Crushed the compas beneath my shoe
And then as I explored
Unknown territory
I found you and I thought
Finally happiness is mine
But you called yourself Love
And I thought, why would you lie
I had gone in search of joy
And found love instead
You said you knew where happiness was
And that you would bring it to me
Rest your tired feet, you said
I'll be back before you know it
And now here I am, waiting
The golden sun burning my skin
And a bird that flew above me said
He found love of his own
And I asked the bird if you were lost to me
And it laughed and laughed and laughed
You came looking for one thing, you settled for another
And now you have nothing at all, it said
So I started my journey again
And I found Truth along the way
And unlike joy and love
It didn't cause me any pain
Instead Truth told me just how life is
That happiness and love
Were merely myths
We believed in to hide from the truth
So I took Truth's hand in mine
And we walked towards the horizon
A good companion through life's journey
It is all we ever need

No comments:

Post a Comment