Wednesday, July 20, 2016

New Galle Road

In the mornings
I love sitting by the window
As the bus takes the
New Galle Road
On its journey to Colombo
This road that runs along the sea
That surrounds our
Serendipity
Brings to me the smell of the sea
And a great many opportunities
With its harsh winds
And it is with this same wind
Blowing my hair
Here, there
Enveloping me in its own little cyclone
That I feel calm
Like I never do

And at a certain time of the evening
When the sun fights against darkness
Everything takes on an orange glow
The leaves of tress
Windows of houses
Everything looks like
A fire burns in them
And it is this glow that makes me feel
Both happiness and sadness
Without allowing a feeling of nothingness
One would expect as a result of
Happiness canceling out sadness
The way one plus minus one
Is zero
But at that time of the evening
I feel happiness in all its intensity
And I feel sadness
In all its ferocity

And sometimes I think of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment