Saturday, May 7, 2016

Better now than never

Strange, isn't it,
how you realize things
when they no longer matter
and it's too late
there's no use anymore
in knowing any better?

Because I know now
it was all in my mind
that you noticed me
enjoyed our conversations
you were just bored
being polite

I remember now a moment
that so clearly told me you knew
and yet, here we are
years later and I still wonder why
and now I know it wasn't bad timing
just lack of shared feelings
the bitter truth
but still the truth

And so I'll set you free now
from my mind, from my heart
go, fly away, like a little bird
go away, far from where I am
I will no longer look for you
in a crowded room
I will no longer wonder
what if... what if... what if...
because now I know
and it breaks my heart but
better now that never

No comments:

Post a Comment