Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Truth.



Not much stops me from telling you the truth and leaving the great unknown
You can ignore the truth or acknowledge it, it’s all up to you
Not much stops me from being honest and giving you the power to make a choice
You can break my heart or be my world, it won’t depend on me

Then why don’t I just let go of this truth that makes my life feel heavier than it should?
All it will take are three words, three simple words
Then why don’t I just tell you how I feel and stop worrying about how you may feel?
All it will take is a small effort and I would have taken the first step

It’ll be so goddamn easy to tell you
And it will be so goddamn easy to have my heart broken
But if it’s easy
Then it’s not worth it

It’ll be so goddamn easy to tell you
But I don’t because, the truth is
I’m too afraid of knowing another truth
Not my own, but yours

A truth that is as simple as my three word truth
A truth that is the complete opposite of how I feel
A truth that will be like an anvil that lands on me
A truth that will crush me more than you would think it would

And so I swallow my words and smile at you
Even when you look at me and say, ‘friends?’
And of course, I feel that anvil on me
Even as I said, ‘friends.’

No comments:

Post a Comment