Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015

January
I turned twenty-one
And thought
Life would be better
When you are that age
I didn't know then
How wrong I was

February
I strangely
Don't remember
Much of February
I remember Independence Day
And working when
Not many were at office
But I have no other memories
Of that month

March
I wish March
Never happened

April
What is Avurudhu
When you will never again
Eat your favorite pol-toffee
Made by your favorite person?

May
Vesak lanterns
Make any house
Feel warm
Safe
Like home

June
Whatever happened in June
I no longer remember
Maybe it was one of those
Insignificant months

July
We didn't want a celebration
Because of what we'd lost
But you turned it into one
Even though it wasn't even your day to celebrate

August
Maybe August was when we
Finally stopped talking
I don't remember

Sorry.

September
No more surprises
Gifts and cards
Remember the paper cranes I made you last year?
You stole their wings and flew away from us

October
I was told
Nothing mattered
Because sometimes
What you do isn't enough

November
I quit
And lost a home
I quit
And lost a lot

But I wrote
Turned feelings into words
That's the one thing
You can't take from me

December
A month of
New friendships
Happiness
Feeling lost
And being found

2015
365 days
12 months
You weren't the best
But you weren't the worst

2016
New year, new life?
No
Same life. Same me.
Different year

No comments:

Post a Comment