Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Untitled


I think of you
Even though I’m not sure I should
I don’t know what it would do
But the thoughts don’t do me any good
I want to continue this rhyme
But the words don’t belong to me
Oh wait, I have a better line
‘But the words I write aren’t mine’
Can I cut that bit off and instead write
I want to continue this rhyme
But the words I write aren’t mine?
That is what I like about technology
It has changed the entire methodology
Of how things are done
I can give more examples than one
For instance, I can’t cut through words and still read them
If I’m writing poem on notebook, it just isn’t the same
That’s partly my fault
For having handwriting you can’t
Read
See!
Now I’ve gone off track, as usual
I just can’t seem to stick to one visual
This will trouble me when I think of title
But is one actually vital?
I could leave it untitled
But do I leave space for title
Blank
Or type ‘untitled’?
If I go with the latter, wouldn’t the poem have a title?
Naming it ‘untitled’ is giving it a title
Right?
And why would this even need a title?
It’s not even a real poem
But then what exactly is a real poem?
I don’t need to be famous or brilliant to
Write poems, right?
It’s like the statement made
By painter
Beneath a painting of a pipe
He scrawled,
‘This is not a pipe’
But unlike the pipe, this is a poem
Or rather, it is a shadow of a poem
Who are we kidding?
It’s not even that
Ramblings and ramblings
I’m letting my thoughts flow
But going back to the story of the pipe
While a painting of a pipe isn’t a pipe
A badly made pipe is still a pipe
So these words, although badly put together
Can be considered to be a [badly written] poem
Right?
Not like it matters to other people
But it does matter to me
Sort of
You see, I have a bad case of
Lack of confidence and self-doubt
Despite the once in a blue moon compliment
I can’t help think I’m bad at what I do
Anyway, none of that matters now
I’ve written enough, I think
I won’t bore you any longer
I’ll just end this rant by naming this poem
Untitled.

No comments:

Post a Comment