Sunday, August 25, 2013

You said

You said,
Promise me
You won't cry,
I didn't promise,
But I did cry
I sobbed and you listened

You said,
We'll always be friends
We didn't promise each other
A forever
And look at us now,
Going our own ways

You said,
I like you,
And I said, I like you
Past tense now
Truth is, there was never any like,
Empty words they were

You said,
Hold on tight
And I did
Feeling safe so close to you
And then you were no more
It was time for you to go

You said,
Let it go,
You are hurting your self
And I let go
Of the past that kept haunting me
Then you too became
A thing of the past

You said,
Why not?
And I said,
Just because,
You can't leave and then
Leave notes

You said,
Good bye
I nodded.
Can't remember if I smiled
I didn't see your smile
And that good bye wasn't good

No comments:

Post a Comment