Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Scale of one to ten

Word of the day: Cherubic
of or having the nature of a cherub, or an angel represented as a rosy-cheeked child with wings; angelic


Today,
I feel ugly

And before you say
One's self-worth is not
Determined by how
They are perceived or treated
By others
Know that, on any other day,
I would agree
Whole-heartedly

But today,
Just this one day
I can't help but look at everyone else
Their cherubic faces mocking me
And feel like a minus
On a scale of one to ten

Today,
I don't need to hear the truth
Sugar coated
I don't need to be told that
Things will get better
If only I could bide my time
They've all been wrong people
So far
The right one will come along
Any minute now

Today,
I don't need to be comforted
Or even pitied

Today, I need you to let me be sad
And angry and annoyed and
Irritated
I need you to let me be

No comments:

Post a Comment