Saturday, May 14, 2022

Bilious

Word of the day: Bilious
Extremely unpleasant or distasteful


You once asked me why I was so cranky and I didn't really know what to say
Because this is how I've always been and I can't really help it if the
Universe is just never on my side, now can I?
But a character in a show I watched a few days ago spoke about how
The anger within her could someday distance everyone from her
Leaving her alone, a gorilla in a cage with no one to take care of her
And I would be lying if I said that scene didn't bother me in the least because
Truth be told, I hate how angry and cranky and irritable and unpleasant I can be
It makes me so tired, by the end of the day, to carry all of that in me
Like bile, sloshing around my insides, burning everything it comes into contact with
It feels like I always have my guard up, sword drawn, ready to defend myself
Even when no one's around me, even when I can relax, take a deep breath

And maybe that's why you left, why no one ever seems to stay

No comments:

Post a Comment