Monday, September 18, 2017

thief

You stole from me
The one place in which I felt safe enough to
Pour my heart out
Without having to worry about
The consequences

You stole from me
The one place I was comfortable enough
To be honest
Tell the truth
As it is

But if I were to tell you
About your offense
You would just laugh and ask me

  Have I ever made threats?
  Ever raised my voice?
  Hit you? Hurt you?
  All I did was
  Watch your every move
  In the place you are most yourself
  And you've forgiven people
  For doing much worse

But what you don't understand is that
You've taken away the safety net I had
To protect me from all these crimes much greater
And now, when I fall, there's nothing to catch me

I hit the ground
My bones break
I bleed and bleed
And you just sit there
Watching

No comments:

Post a Comment