Saturday, September 16, 2017

It's all on you this time

You know that you can always talk to me, right?

And when I did
You told me it was
All in my mind
I was, on purpose,
Making life difficult for myself
I was being stubborn
Refusing to be happy

I am the shoulder you can lean on

And when I cried about
The loss of something
That meant the world to me
You told me to
Move on
This was just
Part and parcel of life

Friends tell each other everything

Is this why
I only found out about
That great big thing
That happened in your life
Through a status
You posted on Facebook?

I will always listen

Is this why
You didn't give me the space
I demanded from you
Over and over again?

Just let me in

I'm shutting you out now
And I won't take the blame
Because it's not me
It's all on you this time

No comments:

Post a Comment