Sunday, January 3, 2016

You. And him.

You remind me of him
You remind me too much of him
You are both alike
Lanky, cute, random and

And you both
You love books
And have these giant worlds tucked in your minds
And you are you
So different
But so similar
So alike
That it scares me
That it makes me hate you too
Because you remind me of
The first boy to show me what love is
The first boy who told me it’s okay to be afraid
The first boy who liked me for who I was
The first boy to break my heart
So when your hand seeks mine
And you feel my body reject you
Don’t take offense
Don’t take it too personally
I live in the past
But give it some time
Help me erase the memory of him
Help me stop the comparisons
And then
Once my mind is clear
A blank slate
I’ll be all yours.

I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment