Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Obsession

I read your poems
Over and over again
I visit your blog
Over and over again
But I leave no comments
I limit the traces I leave
Unlike Hansel and Gretal
Who left a trail of breadcrumbs

From what you've written
I create an image of you
Not so much about features and complexion
But
Personality, experiences
But
My assumptions may be wrong
So utterly wrong
For you've never said
You write the truth
And nothing but the truth
Yet
It feels that way
That you write
Not fiction
But your life's story
And I read
Post after post
Not knowing who you are

Sometimes I want to ask
People who have left comments
If they know you
But then I realize that
A reason I love your poems so much
Is because you remain unknown

 My obsession
Is not so much about the person
Behind the poems
But about the
Poems themselves
Which are so simple
So real
Without trying hard to be beautiful
And
That's how I think of you
Someone who is beautiful
Without having to try.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you know that I am fast becoming a great fan of yours...or going by the poem, should I say...great fan of your work? :) I believe that poems or songs or novels or whatever creative expression it may be, is a way of giving a voice to another. Perhaps someone who is not so handy and comfortable with words, even for someone else who is a good writer who would not have come up with these words. Funny, sometimes your words can be a more perfect expression of my feelings. This is the second time it is happening to me, with two writers (you and an Indian) in less than 24 hours. Thanks...for the WORDS. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this comment. Means a lot to me. Words, or writing, has to happen. There are times when I need to write, but I can't. Such moments are frustrating but when the story is in you, there's nothing that will stop you from writing.

      Delete