Sunday, May 3, 2015

Time to find a good boy...

"Ahh all grown up now
Was this high when I used to carry you
Remember?
Must be having a boyfriend and all also
Now"
An uncle says at family gathering

"High time you found a nice husband
Have a nice simple wedding
I was just telling my own one last week
Find someone now
Before you get any older
Otherwise no man will want you"
An aunty says when we happen to
Run into each other at a supermarket

"Another tattoo?
You are mad!
Will look like a real rasthiyaadukaarayaa!
After you get married,
Anything.
Not one,
Get a hundred and
I won't care"
Amma tells me

"That was a boy...
...friend?"
Thathee asks

"So so how men?
Working?
Sha! How's the place?
So...
Have a boyfriend now?"
A friend asks.

"Ha! Fine thing
If you can't find one
Who else can?
But really,
Surprising that you are single
Went to LC and all, right?
Don't you girls meet a lot of boys?
My cousin
Went to the same school
You must be knowing
Real one
Had so many boys
The other girls
Couldn't find a single one"

"Here
You were at Vijitha Yapa yesterday?
I saw you
But you were with a boy
*grins*
So didn't want to disturb
Nice fellow
Good match
So...
Where did you meet him?
Didn't tell us also"

No comments:

Post a Comment