Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Revision

Stop asking me to change

Stop asking me to be a person

I am not and will

Never be

You say it’s me you like

But your words are a lie

For you don’t like me

You like changing who I am

Take the flesh, skin, tissue

The blood, words, thoughts

And alter, edit, redo

You’ll have a twenty year old female

But you won’t have me

You say you like me

But you like a revised version

Much more

What is wrong with me?

Am I undesirable?

Tell me what is it about me

That tugs at your mind?

Is it my looks,

Size or hair?

Is it the way I dress

Or behave or speak?

My thoughts, then?

My words?

Hobbies, interests?

My principles, values

Beliefs and morals?

What is it about me

That tugs at your heart?

Is it me, the person

Individual?
If so,

Go find the person

You have in mind

Leave me alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment