Monday, November 24, 2014

You, and I



               I am a mere
               Kid
               Who still believes
               Rather foolishly
               In love and
               Romance
               I deny it
               Reject it
               But I want
               Handholding
               Soft kisses
               Gifts
               Surprises
               Affection
               Love, too
               A goodnight message
               To remind me that
               I was your last thought
               That day
               I want to
               Learn about your
               Likes, dislikes
               Favorites
               I want to know
               You
               The most
               Insignificant
               Details
You have known              
Heartbreak              
Like I haven't              
You are              
More              
Practical              
Than              
Romantic              
You see no              
Reason              
To make purchase              
Unless occasion              
Is special              
You want              
Dates              
With no words              
Stories              
Shared              
But kisses              
And groping              
Love-making              
Without love              
You want              
Me              
Behind closed doors              
Where handholding              
Whispering              
Sweet nothings are              
No more              
Than foreplay              
Even though we
Claim to be
Together
In 'like' with
Each other
Our definitions
Of what we are
Our expectations
Of what we are
Differ so greatly
               And I feel
               It is best if
               You
               Find
               Someone who
               Won't force
               You to
               Take things slow
               Someone
               Who would
               And
               Who could
               Give you
               What you
               Want
               Where
               Public appearance
               Is rarely,
               If ever,
               Chosen over
               Privacy
               And being alone
               With each other
Meanwhile              
I will              
Cry over              
Unrequited love              
For you never              
Did              
Although              
I, with my whole heart,              
Loved you              
I'll move on              
Find another              
Broken soul              
Like me              
Who would              
Share his story              
With me              
Over a cup of              
Steaming hot              
Tea or coffee              
Who would take me on dates              
To bookstores              
And we would              
Fall in love              
Slowly              
But              
Surely              

No comments:

Post a Comment