Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Five weeks

Week one

Your perfume smells
really manly
and I want to ask you
brand and name
so I would know
where to go to
when in need of a whiff
of such delicious fragrance
and you aren't by my side
Those shirts and pants
that fit you perfectly well
not too tight
nor too baggy
hugging your body
to reveal
perfection

Week two

Possessive
like you own me
demanding to know the
what, where, whom, how, why
of my present
when did I agree to
reporting to you
every second?
You don't fit in
with my friends
and I find it hard to make you
understand what's going on
in my head
because I don't know
what words to use
what words you would
understand

Week three

You drain me
I feel exhausted and weak
My phone keeps beeping
I keep ignoring it
You are desperate
confused, angry
You don't give up,
you want to know why
I ended our story
So soon
without making an effort to
work it out

Week four

My phone is silent
no longer
continuously beeping
ringing, vibrating
you have given up
stopped trying
Maybe you've finally realized
I won't change my mind
Erase 'The End'
and continue with our story

Week five

I see you
holding her hand
Blushing slightly
And she looks at you
the way I looked at you
I can't help smiling
even though it breaks my heart
to see you so happy
to see that you have
already moved on

No comments:

Post a Comment