Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Today

There are days like today
When I'm happy you don't play
A big role in my life
That the distance between us is great
And I don't talk with you
As much as I sometimes wish I could
And today, I didn't wait for your posts
I didn't feel too happy about the notification
Telling me you noticed something
I said

I didn't have to worry about bumping into you
Having to smile
Having to hide that
I was happy to see you
I didn't have to think twice about
What I said
In case you heard, or worse,
Someone else did and told you

There was none of the worrying
Wondering, smiling, talking
Today, it was almost as if
I didn't spend my time
Wondering about you
If you were reading, writing
Or listening to some song we both love
And today
You were just another person I knew
Someone I was only mildly interested in


No comments:

Post a Comment