Sunday, September 15, 2013

The real me

Do you even know who I am?
Now, don't say that you do
Because I know you don't
How can you know me
When I haven't told you anything
And you've only seen
A fraction of who I am
So don't say you know me,
Because you don't
And I don't want you to
Yes, I don't want you
Or anyone else to know who I am
Secrets, you can't keep
And you'll tell everyone
And they'll know everything
Soon enough
Who I am
Won't be a mystery
And so I won't tell you
And I won't let you know
The real me
I remember how you smirked
When I told you
'There's me, the loud chatterbox
The one who is lost
And messy and
The one who doesn't care.
Then there's me, the real me
I know where I'm headed
Or rather I know
Where I want to be
But I'm scared
For what I want
Isn't what I need'
So I won't tell you
Or even attempt to
Like I did moments ago
For you will dismiss it,
Childish stories
Attention seeker
Wanna be emo girl
And I will never let you know
Or see
The person I am.
So don't ever tell me
That you know who I am
Because you don't
And you never will

No comments:

Post a Comment