Saturday, November 7, 2020

Online dating

May be the reason I keep swiping left

On man after man

Not pausing to consider

Take a closer at their pictures

Interests carefully added

To seem interesting

Chill with a cold beer?

Talk over coffee?

Meet for pizza and wine?

A cattle market, really

This hellhole of an app

Is because I keep hoping that someday

I'll come across your profile


That I'll see your face again


And I'll spend a good five minutes or more looking at your pictures

Reading all the tidbits of information you've

Included about yourself

And I'll swipe left, of course,

Close the app, delete it


And I'll wonder if you came across my profile

And if you did, whether you noticed it was me

And if you did, whether you went left or right

No comments:

Post a Comment