Wednesday, December 20, 2017

14 reasons why I didn't choose you

#1
I picked up a piece of chalk
And wrote and wrote
On this blackboard
And you walked up to me
Picked up the duster
And wiped it all away
Then you took the piece of chalk
From my hand
Covered every centimeter
Of the blackboard
With your tales
And shouted
'Read this. Read this. Read this.'

#2
 I can lift with my bare hands
The heaviest rock there is
But a mountain I can't move
You ignored the mountain
That wouldn't budge
And said 'Unlike me
You are strong'
And your words made me want to
Drop the heaviest rock there is
On your head

#3
You said:
Your truth is different to
My truth
You may be right
But I know
I'm never wrong

#4
Comparing
Comparing
Always comparing

#5
I'd have had to teach you
And I didn't want that weight on my shoulders

#6
For a reason unknown to me
Hurting you
Gave me pleasure

#7
You never focused on the bright blue sky
Or the gentle breeze that blew
You only saw the hint of grey
In the distant sky

#8
Through no fault of yours
You were nothing like him

#9
And your inability to be like him
Reminded me of him more and more

#10
Our worlds were built too far apart
That no bridge built would
Connect them for long

#11
Something about you
Set off alarms in my head
'Run! Run! Run!'
Warnings I couldn't ignore

#12
You were like
Tea gone cold
Melted ice
Over-baked cake

Useless now
Even though
Once you may have been
Good enough

#13
You wanted everything that I didn't want

#14
You were everything I didn't like

No comments:

Post a Comment