Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Your love.

You wrote pages and pages
About how much you love me
Lit them on fire
And said
This is what I'll do to your love

You took a wire scrub
Scraped it against a nonstick pan
Again and again
And said
This is what I'll do to your heart

You brought home a plant
Promised to take care of it
Never watered it
Let it die
And said
This is what I'll do to you

You painted a canvas
In a million different colors
Then splashed black paint on it
And said
This is what my love is like

And I
I collected the ashes
Of your love letter
I threw away the wire scrub
Painted the pan
I bought a new plant
Watered it every day
I let the paint dry
Put up the black painting on a wall

And I
I gave you all my love
So you could burn it all
I gave you my heart
So you could break it
I gave you my life
So you could end it if you wanted to
I gave you everything
Knowing I'll get nothing in return

No comments:

Post a Comment