Monday, February 16, 2015

CupCafe poems

(February 14: Spent a few hours sipping lime juice and nibbling on a sandwich. Wrote a few poems.)


Coincidence
Do you think
That the days
My heart is happy
Are those
Spent away from you
Without your
Continuous yip yapping
And requests
-no, demands-
To pay attention to a
Conversation
I have no
Interest in?


And if loving was a crime
I'll plead guilty
And happily
Accept my prison sentence

And if loving you was a crime
Punishable by death
I would gladly
Put a noose around my neck

And if being loved by you was a crime
I wouldn't mind
Being guilty by association
Or convicted of conspiracy


There is female laughter
too-strong men's perfume
introductions
acquaintance made
and beneath all the
secret smiles
stolen glances
accidental contact
There are hearts being
broken
others being mended
Walls being built higher
others being pulled to the ground

Yes, I am angry
I'm tired
And I'm scared


Reminder!
There will come a day
When you can no longer
Scribble between the lines
Fill pages with words
There will come a day
When you can no longer
Write these things
You call poems
There will come a day
When stories don't flow out of you
Bleed black ink on paper
Empty your heart and mind
Of thoughts you despise
There will come a day
When words fail you
And when that day arrives
You will know fear and hurt
Like you've never known before




Press delete until
You've erased all
Memories until that
Very first hello
Once you get there
Press delete one last
Time


Their volume increases
As the conversation
Becomes about what they can
Show off about


And I now realize how we sound
When we are together
Oblivious to listening-ears

No comments:

Post a Comment