Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The forgotten place

I went back to that place
You told me about
The place where a version of you
Still lives
I don't know if
I'm it's only visitor now
In an ocean if them
Blogs soon go forgotten
But there
I read that penultimate post
And I realized something about you
That even though you walk
Your head held high
A cigarette dangling at your lips
You are still that
Scared and scarred
Boy you were
Three years ago
And nothing has changed
But no one knows
And I can't tell you either
You are the boy
Who enjoys sitting in the scorching sun
Just to be away from the voices
You are the loner
Who tries to make others fit in
Only because you too, don't
But no body knows

And now I see a different side of you
Happy, goofy and funny
Is this the real you,
I wonder at times,
And I'm happy of this change
But then I remember
The scared and scarred boy
And I'll visit your secret place
Every now and then
Because it feels like
If I'd known you back then
We wouldn't be the strangers
We are today

No comments:

Post a Comment