Monday, September 30, 2013

regardless

I can't tell you
where I'll be
this time
next year
I can't promise to
be there for you
when everything
crashes to the ground
I can't promise to
hold your hand
or lend a shoulder
for you to cry on
I can't tell you
if I'll still be here
to listen to you
and be there for you

Yet, know that
regardless of
my promises
and stupid decisions
Regardless of
all the hurtful
things
I say to you
Regardless of
each time
I pushed you away
from me
Regardless of all that
if you come to me, broken
I will fix everything
I possibly could

I wouldn't do this
because I
still love you
in one way or the other
or because I
have a heart
that forgives
and forgets
or because I am
too tired to
let the past
haunt my future
But because
no matter what
I can't look at your eyes
and let you go, again

No comments:

Post a Comment