Sunday, January 3, 2016

Tightrope

You've forgotten already
And that's okay
I forgive you
No, I take that back
I don't forgive you
Because there's no reason for forgiveness
You've done nothing wrong
It's okay to forget
In fact, I wish I could be like you
And forget
Everything that happened
All those silly things
Foolish dreams
Time wasted
On something so stupid
Time wasted
Being a complete idiot
I wish I can forget it all
Because then,
At least then,
I'll be able to forgive myself
For deciding to walk on a tightrope
Because it took all the strength I had
To not fall
Because the land wouldn't have been graceful
Love is like that, you know
Twisted hearts
That's all you get in the end
But I didn't fall
Thanks to you, I didn't fall
You gave me a reason to reach
The other side
And now
My feet are on an even surface
And I won't fall
But you are gone
And I can't help wondering if
The tightrope is better
Than this sane and still world
And darling,
This is why I want to forget
The thrill of being with you
Of stepping on a thread
The risk of being with you
Of the nothingness beneath me
Help me forget
Because forgetting will keep me sane
Because forgetting will make it easier
To survive in this world
Without you

No comments:

Post a Comment